Saturday, March 3, 2012

Flight to Honduras



Hello. This is my first blog- so I apologize for any misspellings or grammatical errors.
This is my sixth trip to Honduras. Since one must overnight somewhere, instead of Houston, I fly via Miami on the red eye so I can have breakfast with my mom and brother, who live about 40 minutes from the airport.
This flight was not as quiet as most. Just as I was about to fall asleep, they asked for a doc on board. After identifying myself (with my state issued license too- the airlines can't be too careful!),
A woman was not feeling well. After determining that she had not eaten or drank for over 12 hrs after taking her oral medicine for diabetes, I was able to handle this without any problems. Unfortunately it took two different trips back to her at different times, so I barley got any sleep. Shades of residency days!
As usual, I met my mom and brother Norman at the airport hotel and we spent about three hours over a leisurely breakfast. At 86 , my mom is a fairly good shape and it is always great to see her and my brother. Then it was onto another flight to Honduras. Unfortunately I was supposed to work on the lecture I will be giving on Saturday for on this flight, but due to the lack of sleep on the first flight, I fell asleep. That's life. Next e-mail from Honduras.

Take care,

Peter A. Fields, MD, DC
“The Athletic Doc” and Ironman Triathlete

PS I have some pictures but have to get the adapter for the camera tom'w.


No comments:

Post a Comment